FAQ - Ask Our Vets About Your Pets
Below are some frequently asked questions.
Want to ask the Vet a question? Please click here!
- How do you house-train a puppy?
- What is a good age to start training a dog?
- Should the owner be in training with the dog?
- Why does my dog urinate when excited?
- Will my puppy grow out of biting everything?
- How can I train my new pet to sleep when I sleep, and play during the day?
- Should I have my cat declawed?
- At what age can I have my cat declawed?
- What's involved with a declaw at Windmill Animal Hospital?
- What can I do about my pet's bad breath?
- My cat's teeth need cleaning. Why does she have to be anesthetized for this?
- My groomer wants to clean my dog's teeth while he's getting groomed. Is this a good idea?
- My pet has a dental cleaning procedure scheduled at Windmill Animal Hospital. What should I expect?
- Why is it so important to keep a dog or cat's teeth clean?
- My dog chipped his tooth on his chew toy. Should I worry about this?
- My cat has a tough time eating or grooming--his mouth seems tender. What could be wrong?
- My puppy has double teeth in several areas. What should I do?
- Do dogs or cats ever need braces?
- Do dog bones clean dogs' teeth?
- What can I do about my dog's body odor?
- Do animals have allergies?
- My dog is scratching all the time; what can I do?
- Can you abort a hamster's litter?
- Can I have my pet bird registered to take on a plane trip?
- Do the Windmill Animal Hospital doctors work with exotic pets?
Fleas and Ticks
- Is there anything to get rid of fleas?
- How do inside animals get fleas?
- At what age can my pet be dipped?
- Do flea collars really work?
- Do flea sprays really work?
- Will Windmill Animal Hospital provide pet day care while my house is being exterminated?
- How do I remove a tick from my pet?
- Can I tell if a tick I removed from my pet carries Lyme disease?
- Can dogs get yeast infections?
- Can dogs get colds and flu?
- Why do pets get diarrhea or soft stools?
- Can you give pets the same medicines that we use?
- Do pets have cholesterol problems like we do?
- What is a dog or cat's normal temperature?
- Can you really judge a dog's health by feeling if his nose is wet, dry, cold or warm?
- Should I have my pet microchipped even if it is not show quality?
- Can the vet tell if my pet is show quality just by looking?
- I just adopted a pet: what are the basic requirements?
- What should I do if my pet has been stung by an insect? (bee, wasp, ant)
- What is euthanasia like for the pet?