Associate needed for growing SAO AAHA practice in Texas, where the economy is booming! NO after-hours, weekends or holidays, and you reliably get lunch! Our compensation & benefits package is worth minimum of $125k annually, with abundant PTO.
Windmill Animal Hospital has proudly served the residents of Abilene, Texas for over a decade. Abilene, voted one of the Top 10 Small Cities in the US in 2022, is only 2 hours west of the Dallas-Fort Worth MetroPlex. With its vibrant cultural activities, abundant recreational opportunities, low cost of living and TWO Exemplary school districts, you can buy/build your dream home and have your kids go to some of the best schools in Texas!
Privately owned and AAHA accredited, Windmill Animal Hospital provides the highest level of patient care and client education possible. Windmill is an easy place to practice, being a fully-integrated Idexx practice with 100% electronic records and 30-minute doctor appointments. We are estimate-driven, so our clients know what their financial commitment will be in advance, and aren’t afraid of “sticker shock” at the front desk. This approach is a big part of the relaxed, trusting rapport we enjoy with our clients, and our low client turnover. Windmill is also well-equipped, with CR digital xray, DR digital dental xray, CO2 surgical laser, 12 watt therapeutic cold laser, dual sevo/iso vaporizers on each anesthesia machine, and ultrasound. We have an extensive and well-established referral network to access veterinary specialty services in Dallas-Fort Worth and Austin. We also GET referrals from small town mixed practices in the surrounding counties to access our diagnostic capabilities, advanced dentistry skills and sophisticated anesthesia capabilities. Our amazing support staff is team-oriented and highly skilled, with long tenure and no drama. They are passionate about the patient care and client services they help provide. Our strong mentorship culture, with weekly c.e. meetings, keeps us all up to date and on the same page with every topic we cover. With 3 techs per doctor, our doctors can leverage themselves heavily, and focus on the primary tasks of a top practitioner. This means our doctors can keep up with their medical records as they go, rather than having to play catch-up at lunch time or in the evenings. Windmill regards a healthy work-life balance for every member of our team as essential for providing top quality veterinary care, so the Windmill work schedule is Monday-Friday, with scheduled lunch breaks and NO on-call, emergency, or weekend shifts. If you are attracted to the idea of having fun while practicing an exemplary level of care in a doctor-friendly, ergonomic environment, with reasonable work hours and abundant personal time, then we would like to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
• Professionally develop and practice in a friendly, no-drama environment with strong culture of mentorship and learning
• Perform patient examinations, and design wellness, diagnostic and treatment plans, for a variety of patient situations
• Perform typical soft tissue surgeries: lacerations repairs, spay/neuter, lump/bump removal, GI foreign object removal, etc.
• Guide and fully utilize our exceptional support staff
• Maintain a high level of client communication and patient care
• Build and maintain client relationships and promote client education
• Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited school
• Texas veterinary license or able to become Texas-licensed
• Good interpersonal skills, quick to connect with clients and staff
• Methodical, organized approach to problem-solving and decision-making
• Cool head under pressure, calming presence for clients & staff
• Team player, collaborative mind-set, open to mentorship/professional development
• cheerful outlook, no drama, practices kindness
What’s In It For You?
• Generous compensation and benefits package guaranteed $125k/year minimum
• Abundant time off: 6 paid Federal holidays + 8 contractual paid personal days + up to 18 bonus personal days annually for a total of up to 32 paid days off annually
• Excellent health/dental/vision insurance coverage, with generous stipend
• SIRA with 3% match
• Reimbursement for Texas Veterinary License, AVMA dues, TVMA dues, AVMA PLIT malpractice insurance
• Onboarding bonus
• Monday-Friday (NO nights/weekends/holidays)—that’s what the Abilene Veterinary Emergency Hospital is for
• Cohesive and fun team environment; organized and dedicated mentorship; modern, clean, brightly-lit, well-equipped facility; excellent, well-trained support staff
• Small-town living with big-city amenities, short commutes (5-10 minutes), NO TRAFFIC!
• Affordable housing, home buying incentives for medical professionals, 2 Exemplary school districts, 3 private universities, rapidly growing area with strong military presence, great oudoor activities, rapidly developing night life/entertainment, 2 hours from DFW for major events & shopping
Please Email your resume to: